Dream Bird

Dream Bird

Monday, February 21, 2011

Angora Flame Shrug

Started: Jan. 3rd - 2011
Finished: April 8, 2011

Update: Here is the finished black angora shrug that I re-made for my mother-in-law. I love how it looks, and how it feels. I enjoyed making it once I got used to the material. The picture does not do this Shrug any justice...











Black Angora Flame Shrug




I am re-making this shrug in black for my mother-in-law. The shrug I made her for Christmas was white with black beads. However, the yarn was too heavy for her and it would have been seasonal for her. I would like her to be able to wear it more than one season. I offered to make her a new one with the yarn she liked. She liked the angora. =)

I started this shrug three days after purchasing the yarn. I had already taken it apart three times. I worked with solid black yarn only once, and it was tough until I got used to it. I thought it wouldn't be that hard with angora. I was wrong. Working with angora, and it being black was a task at first, hence me taking it apart three times.

I should have been further than what is shown in the photo. I took a break for a week due to my left eye straining and dealing with popped vessels.

All is well and back strong in trying to finish this for my mother-in-law. I showed it to her one night when my husband and I went to dinner with her. She Loved it!!!

I will post the finished piece. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment