Dream Bird

Dream Bird

Monday, August 22, 2011

Ladder Shawl ??? Had to let frustration out so I cooked!!

Ladder Shawl
August 2011



I started working on this Ladder Shawl a week before August. I was taking my time, I wanted to make it right. Between the orders and other things going on I finally had a chance to finish it. I was very excited!!! I had to bind off, and trying to remember in my head what Terri had said to finish it. I only had about an hour left to finish it, if I did it right. My cat is pretty good about walking down my right shoulder. However this time Gizmo decided not to. Out of the corner of my eye I see Gizmo jump in mid-air. I drop my needles and catch her in mid-air. I thought "phew" I am safe. I spoke too soon. Gizmo's back paws were wiggling and her claws were out.. I didn't grab her paws soon enough that her claws caught a few of the "on purpose drop stitches" I had one too many drop stitches that, if the stitches were still on the needles I would have been safe, but they were not. I put her gently down on the couch and looked at the mess and thought I can fix this.... The more I looked the more frustrated I got...



I put it down and decided to go prep food for dinner for my husband. I put the food prepping aside and went back to the shawl. I decided to rip it ALL out... Yes, you read it right.. I ripped it out, and rolled it into a ball.



I got flustered again, and decided to cook the food and return to the shawl later. I was not mad, more like defeated!!! I started on the shawl before I started dinner, so I can see that I had about an inch worth of work started. I could look forward and know that I had 15 inches yet to go before I was finished.

Egg Rolls


Food - Pork steak with sweet peppers and jalapeno peppers



Here I am almost done of 8-22-2011


The culprit - Gizmo!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment