Dream Bird

Dream Bird

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Citron Lace Knitted Shawl

Happy New Year 2011!!!

I have not been on for quiet some time since I have been able to post. Here is an update on the citron shawl finally!

Started: August 1, 2010
Finished: November, 28, 2010

The original citron shawl below that I did in Noro yarn I took it apart. I didn't like the way it. The yarn I decided to use - Araucania - it was given to me - Thank you TB!!!-

I added extra rows at the bottom of the shawl to give it length. I then added some beads to enhance it.

Blocked


Beaded Edge


Not blocked

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Started July 21, 2010
Finish - took it apart - didn't like the way it looked

Update July 25 -I have not made a knitted lace shawl...a lot of yarn overs and counting. I really liked this shawl so I decided to challenge myself to make it, at the same time read the pattern. It took me about 5 tries before I got this far. Once it is finished I will block it. I will post a new photo once it is done and once it is blocked.

The yarn I am using is Noro- the world of nature - Color no. S245 - Silk Garden sock yarn. I got this yarn from a wonderful lady by the name of TB, she gave me a white trash bag full of high quality yarn last year. She was cleaning out her stash..
Thank you TB!!! =)


No comments:

Post a Comment