Dream Bird

Dream Bird

Sunday, July 25, 2010

My first sock I ever made...


Started August 12, 2009
Finished August 24, 2009


I had the opprotunity to be taught how to make a sock about ten years ago. I was to intimidated to make one and just was not ready.

However, timing is everything. One night at the shop I work at had a weaving demo.

I debated many times to learn - not to learn. Finally the best won out. I learned how to cast onto 4 needles and from there I challeneged myself to make a sock. I watched demos, etc. and learned watching a person on you tube, (like 20 times) she knitted way too fast. I just couldn’t wait two weeks to learn the heel and Gosset. I basically with trial and erros to learn how to make a sock on my ownl, with a help of a freind who taught me to cast on.

Of all things, I ever made, I did impress myself on how to make a sock. =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment